Cloud SQL is a fully-managed database service that makes it easy to set up, maintain, manage, and administer your relational PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQL Server databases within the cloud. Some of the unique features which are offered by Cloud SQL are high performance, scalability, and convenience to use. As it is hosted on GCP, Cloud SQL comes with a database infrastructure for applications running from any place.
Some important characteristics are highlighted as follows:
● Focus on your application: Let Google manage the database, so users can target their applications. Cloud SQL is ideal for Word Press sites, e-commerce applications, CRM tools, geospatial applications, and other applications that are compatible with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server.
● Simple and fully managed: Cloud SQL is simple to use. It doesn’t need any software installation. It automates all your backups, replication, patches, and updates while guaranteeing larger than 99.95% handiness, anywhere in the world.
● Performance and scalability: Cloud SQL delivers high performance and scalability with up to 10 TB of storage capability, 40,000 IOPS, and 416 GB of RAM per instance.
● Reliability and security: Easily configure replication and backups to guard data. Go beyond by enabling automatic failover by creating a database highly available (HA). Your data is automatically encrypted, and Cloud SQL is SSAE 16, ISO 27001, and PCI DSS v3.0 compliant and supports HIPAA compliance.
● Discounts without lock-in: Cloud SQL comes with per-second billing, automatic sustained-use discounts, and instance sizes to suit any budget. Database instances are straightforward to prevent and begin. There’s no up-front commitment and with sustained-use discounts, consumers will automatically get discounted prices for databases that are running continuously. As discussed earlier, Cloud SQL is a fully-managed database service that makes it easy to set up, maintain, manage, and administer relational databases on GCP.
Hope this was helpful.