You can create great video games ... Godot is the way!
- Ideal starting point for aspiring game artists, level designers, and animators looking to create 2D or 3D games.
- Includes examples, screenshots, illustrations, and charts to explain the use of Godot's GD Script.
- Offers lessons on animations, fixing bugs, optimizing, supporting several platforms, and publishing games.
The impressive Godot game engine allows any programmer to start making 2D and 3D games without any specialized language requirements. In addition, this game engine makes it simple to design video games, create interactive and animated applications, and utilize them in advertising campaigns.
The book starts with the fundamental aspects of game production. The book explains how games are made firsthand by interacting with several real-world projects. This book teaches you the basics of game development, which includes how to make a 2D platformer, point-and-click, or adventure game. Later, the book will help you progress to more challenging and complicated games like 3D platformers and 3D role-playing adventures. The book provides practical guidance on a wide range of topics, including gaming design patterns, advanced design methodologies, and the underlying principles of a 3D game.
If you're making a game to promote a digital or physical product, the Godot engine will make it simple to implement ideas, including player interaction and using 2D or 3D space. The Godot GD script coding for various game design and computational chores will support your work in creating commercial video game products. In addition, you can release your game on popular PC platforms, mobile devices, and game consoles.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn Godot scripting and the IDE, 3D geometry, advanced vector maths, and 3D physics.
- Create humanoids, 3D space and environments, props, game mechanics, and collision detection mechanisms.
- Create a 3D RPG game that works on multiple platforms from scratch.
- Use the tile map editor, 2D lights, Node2D properties, and sprite-based animations.
- Test, troubleshoot, and publish wholly created games on multiple platforms.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Whoever is enthusiastic about making games and wishes to make professional-quality 3D animations and eye-popping visual effects will benefit from this book. You don't need to be familiar with the Godot engine. The assumption is that you already have some programming knowledge, which should be enough to get you started with this book.