This book describes, in easy language, building blocks for computer, register transfer language and architecture of a simple processor. CPU Organization, Assembly language programs and Arithmetic algorithms are all explained in such a manner, that students of all streams can understand technical subjects very easily.
Special features of the book are:
- Combinational circuits, Sequential circuits, registers, counters, etc. are explained in detail for building strong fundamentals.
- Concepts of Micro operations are given with suitable examples.
- Different kind of interrupts are illustrated for easy grasp of the subject matter.
- Each assembly language program is first explained with a flowchart and then written using mnemonics for clear understanding.
- Associative, Cache and Virtual memory organization form the backbone of computer architecture. All these are explained using illustrative diagrams.
- Set of questions with answers is added at the end of each chapter.
- Comprehensive glossary and index included for easy access to numerous terms needed for understanding the subject.
- Embedded system and its comparison with PC is added for ready reference.
- System programming is introduced for better understanding of computer architecture.