The mainstreaming of the cloud-native architecture as an enterprise discipline is well underway. According to the Forbes report, in January 2018, 83% of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud by 2020, 41% of enterprise workloads will run on public cloud platforms while another 22% will be running on hybrid cloud platforms.
Customers are embarking on enterprise digital transformation journeys. Adopting cloud, cloud-native architectures, and microservices is an important aspect of the journey.
This book starts with a brief introduction to the basics of cloud-native applications and cloud-native application patterns. It covers cloud-native options available in Azure.
The objective of the book is to provide practical guidelines to an architect/designer/consultant/developer who is part of the Cloud application definition team. The book articulates a methodology that the implementation team needs to follow in a systematic manner and adapt them to fulfill the requirements for enabling the cloud-native application. It emphasizes on the interpersonal skills and techniques for organizing and directing the cloud-native definition, leadership buy-in, and leading the transition from planning to implementation. It also highlights steps to be followed and the patterns for developing cloud-native applications, cloud-native options available in Azure, developing BOT, and microservices based on Azure. It also covers how to develop simple IoT applications, Machine learning-based applications, and the serverless architecture using Azure with a practical and pragmatic approach.
This book embraces a structured approach around the following key themes that represent the typical phases an enterprise traverses during its cloud-native application journey.
Guide to designing and developing cloud native applications in Azure
- Basics of Cloud Native Applications
- Designing Microservices
- Different cloud native options for developing Cloud Native Applications in Azure
- BOTs, Web Apps, Mobile Apps, Logic Apps, Service Bus, Azure Functions
- Azure IOT Applications
- Azure Machine Learning Basics
- Enterprise Digital Journeys
What will you learn
- Demonstrate the importance of cloud-native applications in elevating the effectiveness of organizational transformation programs and digital enterprise journeys using MS Azure.
- Disseminate current advancements and thought leadership in the area of cloud-native architecture in the context of digital enterprises.
- Provide initiatives with evidence-based, credible, field-tested and practical guidance in designing their respective architectures.
Who this book is for
The book is intended for anyone looking for a career in Cloud technology, especially all aspiring Cloud Architects who want to learn cloud-native architectures, Microservices, IoT, BOT and Microsoft Azure platform.