This book begins with the basics, then dives into the depths of C# development with easy-to-use tutorials, ready-to-run examples, and drills. The book covers the language features introduced in versions 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0, with an emphasis on the powerful features introduced in C# 2.0 and the enhancements added in C# 3.0.
Additionally, the book introduces the IDE and the features of Visual Studio 2005 that increase productivity such as XSD-based IntelliSense, code snippets, smart tags, and refactoring.
- Anonymous types and methods
- Partial and static classes
- Nullable types
- The namespace alias qualifier
- Property accessor accessibility
- Covariance and contravariance
- Implicitly typed local variables and arrays
- Object initializers
- Func delegate types
- Lambda expressions and query expressions