Book presents a detailed discussion on current trends and technologies of databases in easy-to-understand language. Concepts of DBMS architecture and fundamentals of database design, covering topics like Entity Relationship diagram, Normalization, Aggregation, Functional dependencies, Clustering indexes, etc. are explained in a simple manner so that students of all streams can understand the subject matter easily. Properties of relational model, concept of keys, integrity rules and query language are portrayed in a very comprehensive manner to build a strong foundation in Relational Database Management System.
Based on NIELIT ‘A’ Level Revised and Latest Syllabus for Module 7 (A7-R5)
- A set of solved and unsolved question papers, review questions are also included to enable the reader to get a feel of questions likely to be asked in the examination.
- An Appendix is added that will give sufficient insight into form design, report design, data validation, trouble-shooting and documentation.
- A Comprehensive glossary of terms is included for easy access to numerous terms needed for understanding the subject matter.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Book is designed with the view to equip learners with two types of databases - RDBMS and NoSQL.
- MariaDB database, NoSQL database technologies - MongoDB, Advanced DBMS concepts are described in an easy to understand language.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Students, Programmers, researchers, and software developers who wish to learn Database Technologies and to know how to select the right database for different types of applications.