Administering Oracle Edited
Authors: Ivan Bayross
Publishing Date: January 2004
Dimension: 23.5 X 18.5 X 1.5 cm
Looking for an eBook ? Click here
The Administering Oracle book teaches the administering in an easy and interactive way.This book is written according to the syllabus of the BCA/MCA/DOEACC A level courses for various recognised Indian Universities.This book can be used as a reference book as a self –study guide to learn and administer Oracle.
Salient Features :
- Teaches administering Oracle from beginner level that can be understood by novices as well.
- Provide real life code that help in understanding the syntaxes.
- Contains codes that are tested and require minimum changes if any.
- Provides in depth discussion on managing database using statements and OEM
- Provides interesting exercises to test the theoretical a s well as practical knowledge. Provides complete solutions to the exercises in the book.
- Is accompanied by a CD that contains the codes of programs in the chapters as well as in the exercises.
- Discusses querying Data Dictionary Views.
- Introduces Managing various Oracle files such as data files, control files and redo log files. Introduces how to perform replication in Oracle.
- Discusses various database architectures.
Chapter 1. Understanding Oracle Architectures
Chapter 2. Administering Databases and Table spaces
Chapter 3. Managing Physical Files
Chapter 4. Managing Tables and Schema Objects
Chapter 5. Administering Users, Priviledges and Roles
Chapter 6. Indexes
Chapter 7. Optimitizing Database Performance
Chapter 8. Backing up and Recovering Data
Chapter 9. Replication
Chapter 10. Distributed Database in Oracle
Chapter 11. Introducing OEM
Appendix A : Data Dictionary Views
Appendix B: Troubleshooting Media Recovery
Appendix C: About the CD