Autodesk 3ds Max 2020
Prof. Sham Tickoo
Authors: Prof. Sham Tickoo
Publishing Date: September 2020
Autodesk 3ds Max 2020: A beginners Guide is a tutorial-based textbook that introduces the readers to 3d Max 2020, the world’s leading animation and 3D modelling package. In this textbook, the author emphasizes on the 3D modelling and animation techniques that improve the productivity and efficiency of the users. The chapters are structured in pedagogical sequence that makes this textbook very effective in learning the features and capabilities of the software. In this edition, the readers will also learn about Arnold materials, lights, and rendering. Also some new and enhanced features of 3ds Max 2020 such as Chamfer Modifier and OSL map are covered in this edition.
Get into the world of Autodesk 3ds Max, a 3D modelling, animation, and rendering software package
- Tutorial point of view and the learn-by-doing approach
- 5 projects based on real-world models
- Exercises which are based on real-world models
- Additional information is provided to the users in the form of tips and notes
- The text in this book is heavily illustrated with about 1500 diagrams and screen capture images
- Self-evaluation test, review questions, and exercises
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Textbook will help readers unleash their creativity and help them create simple 3D models and animations. This textbook will help the learners transform their imagination into reality with ease.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Book can be widely used by architects, game developers, design visualization specialists, and visual effect artists.
- Introduction to Autodesk 3ds Max 2020
- Primitive Objects –I
- Primitive Objects –II
- Working with Splines –I
- Working with Splines-II
- Lofting, Twisting, and Deforming Objects
- Material Editor: Creating Materials
- Material Editor: Texture Maps-I
- Material Editor: Texture Maps-II
- Material Editor: Controlling Texture Maps
- Material Editor: Miscellaneous Materials
- Interior Lighting-I
- Interior Lighting-II
- Animation Basics
- Complex Animation
- Arnold Materials, Lights, and Rendering
- Creating Walkthrough
- Project 1: Creating a Windmill
- Project 2: Creating a Diner
- Project 3: Architectural Project
- Project 4: Corporate Design Project
- Project 5: Creating a Computer Center
Prof. Sham Tickoo is currently working as a Professor at Purdue University, USA. He received MS in Industrial Technology from Northern Illinois University, Illinois, USA; MS in Industrial and Management Engineering from the University of lowa, lowa City, USA; and BS in Mechanical Engineering from NIT, Srinagar, India. Before joining Purdue University in 1987, Prof. Tickoo has worked as a Design Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, and Software Developer. Prof. Tickoo has authored/co-authored textbooks on several major CAD/CAE/Animation software packages like ANSYS, SolidWorks, CATIA, Pro/Engineer, NX, AutoCAD, Customizing AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, Solid Edge, 3ds Max, 3ds Max Design, Autodesk Inventor, Mechanical Desktop, and VIZ. In addition to North America. His textbooks have been translated and published in Russia, Japan, India, South Korea, and Serbia. Prof. Tickoo has obtained over $24 Million software grant form ANSYS, IBM, and Siemens.
In 2003, Prof. Tickoo was awarded a US patent for one of his invention “Self Adjusting Cargo Organizer for Vehicles”. He is currently working on the design and fabrication of two new wind turbines that will significantly increase their power output and can be used to charge the batteries of an automobile. Prof. Tickoo is actively involved in consulting and has served as a consultant to over fifty companies in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, California, and Canada.