CompTIA CASP+ CAS-004 Exam Guide
Dr. Akashdeep Bhardwaj
Author: Dr. Akashdeep Bhardwaj
Publishing Date: June 2022
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Assess cyber readiness with advanced security controls and create a secure enterprise system
- In-depth explanation of security architecture, security operations, security engineering and cryptography.
- Boosts practical skills with the aid of troubleshooting tips and exam-specific notes.
- Provides live use-cases to design, implement, and integrate security solutions across enterprise environments.
CompTIA CASP+ certification evaluates advanced technical security skills, such as security engineering and operations, enterprise-level risk assessments and IT governance, and the implementation of secure systems and network design and controls.
This CASP+ certification guide enables security professionals to become proficient and certified in creating highly resilient enterprise systems and networks that adhere to regulatory requirements. It contains real-world scenarios, practice tests, and numerous troubleshooting tips. Readers are instructed to create and construct security architectures for diverse business requirements. The book teaches how to create robust security methods for traditional, cloud, hybrid, and virtual environments. Readers learn how to set up application vulnerability controls, such as sandboxing, database security, and firmware security, and reduce their risks. Towards the end, readers can investigate various cryptography approaches such as hashing, code signing, SMIME, PKI, and DRM watermarking.
Every chapter of this CASP+ study guide is dedicated to helping the reader develop the practical, performance-based skills necessary to succeed in the exam.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Conduct risk analysis, establish risk metrics and compare security baselines
- Learn different ways to secure host systems, devices, and storage controls
- Learn about malware sandboxing, fingerprinting, reconnaissance, and memory debugging
- Several vulnerability assessment tools include port scanners, protocol analyzers, and application interceptors
- Exposure to code signing, DRM watermarking, hashing, and PKI
- Expert advice on integrating hosts, networks, storage, and applications
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for security architects, senior security engineers, security lead, and most security practitioners who want to get certified in designing an enterprise security landscape that works best for the business environment. The book expects professional knowledge on security before reading this book.
- Introduction to CASP
- Business and Industry Trends, Influences and Risks
- Organization Security Policies and Documents
- Risk Mitigation Strategies
- Enterprise Risk Measurement and Metrics
- Components of Network Security
- Securing Hosts and Devices
- Secure Storage Controls
- Securing the Internet of Things
- Cloud and Virtualization Security
- Application Security Controls
- Security Assessments
- Selecting Vulnerability Assessment Tools
- Securing Communications and Collaborative Solutions
- Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
- Identification, Authentication and Authorization
- Security Incidents and Response
- Integrating Hosts, Network, Storage and Applications
- Security Activities Across Technology Lifecycle
- CASP+ Skill Assessment Question and Answers
- CASP+ Skill Assessment Question and Answers
- Appendix D Study Planner
Dr. Akashdeep Bhardwaj is currently working as a Professor (Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics) with an Indian University. Dr. Akashdeep is an eminent IT Industry & Academic expert with industry experience in Cybersecurity, Digital Forensics and IT Management Operations. In his current role, Dr. Akashdeep mentors graduate, masters and doctoral students apart from leading projects. Akash has published over 100 research papers, books, chapters and patent. Akash has worked as Technology Leader for several multinational organizations.
LinkedIn Profile:Akashdeep Bhardwaj
Capturing-the-invisible (CTI): Behavior-based attack recognition in IoT-oriented Industrial Controls Systems. (June 2020). IEEE Access, 8.
Penetration testing framework for smart contract Blockchain. (September 2020). Springer Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, 5(2020).
Cloud and IoT based Smart Architecture for Desalination Water Treatment. (February 2021). Environmental Research, 195, 04(2021).
Deep Learning AI-based Approach to classify Saline particles in Sea Water. (April 2021). MDPI Water, 13(9).
Real-time Privacy Preserving Framework for Covid-19 Contact Tracing. (September 2021). TechScience Computers, Materials & Continua, 70(1), pp 1017-1032.
IAF: IoT Attack Framework & Unique Taxonomy. (October 2021). World Scientific Journal of Circuits, Systems, and Computer.
Privacy-aware detection framework to mitigate new-age phishing attacks. (October 2021). Computer & Electrical Engineering, 96(A).
Smart Water Management Framework for Irrigation in agriculture. (February 2022). Taylor & Francis Environment Technology.
Smart IoT and Machine Learning-based Framework for Water Quality Assessment and Device component monitoring. (February 2022). Environmental Science and Pollution Research.Secure Framework against Cyber Attacks on Cyber-Physical Robotic Systems. (March 2022). Journal of Electronic Imaging, 31(6)