Computer Geeks 1
Reema Thareja, Usha Thareja
Publishing Date: June 2021
Dimension: 8.5*11 Inches
Do IT, Live IT, Excel IT
- Learning Objectives to make the children familiar with the concepts.
- Important terms along with their definition at the end of the chapter.
- Remember section at the end of every chapter to quickly recap the concepts learnt in the chapter.
- Activity Section in every chapter to simulate thinking and application of concepts.
- A variety of questions in the Exercise section to clarify the concepts.
- Lab activities to be done by the students in the lab class.
- Interactive Session given to express their views on that topic.
Book series is an outcome of sheer hard work and exhaustive research done to assimilate the best of the information in the simplest way to teach children about computer skills in an easy and activity based manner.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
To enhance the level of understanding, our approach in writing this book has been a step wise learning. In this approach, we believe in
- Let the students start from WHY they are learning this concept?
- Then proceed to HOW the solution can be designed?
- Finally go to WHAT are the other alternate ways or the details of implementing the solution.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Book is meant for children who have just started learning about computers- its skills and application. The book is designed in such a way that it can be used by any education board.
- Introduction to Computer
- Uses of Computer
- Parts of Computer
Reema Thareja As an Educator: In her 15+ years of experience, taught several courses including BCA, MCA, BSc, MSc, BBA and MBA. Currently she is teaching in Shyama Prasad Mukherji College (W), University of Delhi.
As an Author: Authored several books on Computer Fundamentals, C Programming, OOPS with C++, Data Structures, Data Warehousing, Python Programming are well-accepted across the globe.
As a Researcher: Published 17 research papers and have already got the acceptance for four more papers.
Google Scholar Citations: 64
As an Innovator: Launched a Computer Science Learning and Quizzing mobile app, Jruma for both Android and iOS devices.
Award: Received the Nobel Laureate Maria Goeppert-Mayer Inspiring Woman of the Year 2021 Award in the field of Computer Science by International Multi-Disciplinary Research Foundation (IMRF).
“India’s Top 50 Women Leaders in the Education Industry” for the year 2020 by uLektz Wall of Fame.
Recognition: One of the best-selling authors of Oxford University Press, India continuously for last few years.
As a Resource Person: Conducted several FDPs, student workshops and webinars in India and US.
As a Speaker: Invited as a speaker for the Global Virtual Summit to be held in New York this summer. Participated in the International Dialogue on Empowered Future- Women’s Role on the eve of International Women’s Day 2021.
As a Motivator: Utilized skills of our students to write content, develop program codes, design logos, create promotional videos and posters for the app as well as books authored. Arranged industrial expertise for them to learn new skills.
Membership: Computer Society of India, Editorial Board and Keynote Speakers of IMRF Conference Board
Usha Thareja did her graduation and post graduation from University of Delhi. She also cleared the UPSC exam in 1975. Besides being a successful home maker, she is also involved in teaching computing skills to EWS children and writing books in simple language. She aims to provide computer education to everyone, especially those learning in Hindi medium.