Prof. Satish Jain, Shashi Singh
Authors: Prof. Satish Jain, Shashi Singh
Publishing Date: January 2021
Weight: 724 grams
Book presents a detailed discussion on current trends and technologies of databases in easy-to-understand language. Concepts of DBMS architecture and fundamentals of database design, covering topics like Entity Relationship diagram, Normalization, Aggregation, Functional dependencies, Clustering indexes, etc. are explained in a simple manner so that students of all streams can understand the subject matter easily. Properties of relational model, concept of keys, integrity rules and query language are portrayed in a very comprehensive manner to build a strong foundation in Relational Database Management System.
Based on NIELIT ‘A’ Level Revised and Latest Syllabus for Module 7 (A7-R5)
- A set of solved and unsolved question papers, review questions are also included to enable the reader to get a feel of questions likely to be asked in the examination.
- An Appendix is added that will give sufficient insight into form design, report design, data validation, trouble-shooting and documentation.
- A Comprehensive glossary of terms is included for easy access to numerous terms needed for understanding the subject matter.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Book is designed with the view to equip learners with two types of databases - RDBMS and NoSQL.
- MariaDB database, NoSQL database technologies - MongoDB, Advanced DBMS concepts are described in an easy to understand language.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Students, Programmers, researchers, and software developers who wish to learn Database Technologies and to know how to select the right database for different types of applications.
- An overview of Database Management System
- Architecture of Database system
- Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
- Database Design
- Manipulating Data with MariaDB
- NoSQL Databases Technologies
- Selecting the Right Database
Prof. Satish Jain has obtained B.Sc. degree from Agra University in First Division and is a gold medal winner. He obtained a B.E. (Electronics) degree from Indian Institute of Science (I.I.Sc.), Bangalore with Distinction. He joined Indian Airforce as a signal officer and held different technical appointments during 21 years of service. He was specially selected by the IAF to undergo Masters of Engineering course in Aerospace science at I.I.Sc., Bangalore and M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering at IIT Kanpur. After taking retirement from the IAF, he set up the Computer Science Department in different organisations and educational institutes.