Exploring Autodesk Revit 2021
Prof. Sham Tickoo
Publishing Date: February 2021
Weight: 1637 grams
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Exploring Autodesk Revit 2021 for Architects and Building Designers textbook covers major concepts and tools of Revit 2021 for Architecture. It explores processes involved in building information modelling ranging from creating building components, designing conceptual massing, using smart workflows for design optimization to inspecting design variation and creating rich construction documentation. The processes have been supported through real-world examples, tutorials, and exercises to enable the users to understand the power of BIM with Autodesk Revit. Special emphasis has been laid on the explanation of concept such as Work sharing, Documentation, Escape Rendering, Work sharing, Conceptual Massing, Design Options, Families, Rendering, and Walkthroughs.
Revit-Powerful building Modeler
- Tutorial point of view and the learn-by-doing approach
- Projects based on real-world models
- Exercises which are based on real-world models
- Additional information is provided to the users in the form of tips and notes
- The text in this book is heavily illustrated with about 1500 diagrams and screen capture images
- Self-evaluation test, review questions, and exercises
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Book introduces the users to the spectacular realm of one of the most powerful software in the architectural quiver. This textbook is a gateway to power, skill, and competence in the field of architectural and interior presentations, drawings, and documentation.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
The book is specially meant for professionals and students of architecture and interior design, facilities planners, and CAD professionals who are associated with the building construction and allied fields in the construction industry.
- Introduction to Autodesk Revit 2021 for Architecture
- Starting an Architectural Project
- Creating Walls
- Using Basic Building Components –I
- Using the Editing Tools
- Working with Datum Plane and Creating Standard Views
- Using Basic Building Components –II
- Using Basic Building Components –III
- Adding Site Features
- Using Massive Tools
- Adding Annotations and Dimensions
- Creating Project Details and Schedules
- Creating and Plotting Drawing Sheets
- Creating 3D Views
- Rendering Views and Creating Walkthroughs
- Using Advanced Features
Prof. Sham Tickoo is currently working as a Professor at Purdue University, USA. He received MS in Industrial Technology from Northern Illinois University, Illinois, USA; MS in Industrial and Management Engineering from the University of lowa, lowa City, USA; and BS in Mechanical Engineering from NIT, Srinagar, India. Before joining Purdue University in 1987, Prof. Tickoo has worked as a Design Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, and Software Developer. Prof. Tickoo has authored/co-authored textbooks on several major CAD/CAE/Animation software packages like ANSYS, SolidWorks, CATIA, Pro/Engineer, NX, AutoCAD, Customizing AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, Solid Edge, 3ds Max, 3ds Max Design, Autodesk Inventor, Mechanical Desktop, and VIZ. In addition to North America. His textbooks have been translated and published in Russia, Japan, India, South Korea, and Serbia. Prof. Tickoo has obtained over $24 Million software grant form ANSYS, IBM, and Siemens.
In 2003, Prof. Tickoo was awarded a US patent for one of his invention “Self Adjusting Cargo Organizer for Vehicles”. He is currently working on the design and fabrication of two new wind turbines that will significantly increase their power output and can be used to charge the batteries of an automobile. Prof. Tickoo is actively involved in consulting and has served as a consultant to over fifty companies in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, California, and Canada.