Mastering Amazon Relational Database Service for MySQL
Jeyaram Ayyalusamy, Arunjith Aravindan, Dr. P.V. Kumaraguru
Authors: Jeyaram Ayyalusamy, Arunjith Aravindan, Dr. P.V. Kumaraguru
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
This book is a valuable resource as a practical guide for professionals involved in managing Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) instances. The book covers the fundamentals of Amazon RDS, configuration best practices, and optimizing performance. With MySQL databases, it explores essential components, AWS Regions, and Availability Zones.
Readers will benefit from the detailed discussions on managing and maintaining Amazon RDS MySQL instances, covering topics like stopping and starting DB instances, optimizing settings, handling maintenance updates, and understanding the nuances of reboots. The book emphasizes security considerations and provides a comprehensive guide to storage management, encryption options, backup strategies, and cost optimization.
The later chapters delve into advanced topics such as creating and connecting to MySQL databases on Amazon RDS, managing Multi-AZ MySQL DB clusters, and upgrading AWS RDS MySQL. The book also covers comprehensive monitoring techniques, tools, and insights, offering a thorough exploration of CloudWatch metrics, alarms, and event notifications.
Throughout the book, best practices, common issues, and troubleshooting tips are provided, making it an indispensable companion for database administrators navigating the complexities of Amazon RDS for MySQL.
- Explore Amazon RDS by covering basics to advanced MySQL management on the platform.
- Real-world examples and hands-on tutorials to apply gained knowledge to solve challenges.
- Latest features, tools, and best practices in Amazon RDS for MySQL by covering recent developments.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The fundamentals of Amazon RDS and how it simplifies the management of MySQL databases.
- How to set up, configure, and deploy MySQL instances on Amazon RDS.
- Best practices for designing highly available and scalable database architectures.
- Performance optimization techniques to ensure your MySQL databases run efficiently on Amazon RDS.
- Advanced topics such as replication, security, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Whether you are a database administrator, a software developer, a system architect, or a technology enthusiast, this book provides valuable insights and practical guidance for effectively utilizing Amazon RDS.
- Amazon Relational Database Service
- Configuring a DB Instance for Amazon RDS MySQL
- Managing and Maintaining an Amazon RDS MySQL Instance
- Creating and Connecting to MySQL Database on Amazon RDS
- Managing Amazon RDS Multi-AZ MySQL DB Clusters
- Amazon RDS MySQL Backups: Best Practices for Data Integrity and Business Continuity
- Upgrading AWS RDS MySQL
- Comprehensive Amazon RDS MySQL Monitoring: Metrics, Tools, and Insights
- Comprehensive Monitoring Tools for Amazon RDS and AWS Solutions
- Understanding Amazon RDS Read Replicas: Scaling and High Availability
Jeyaram Ayyalusamy is a seasoned computer professional with over 18 years of expertise in Open Source and Oracle database technologies. His proficiency spans MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, and cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure, focusing on performance tuning and high availability. As a project manager at Doyensys since December 2014, he oversees multiple enterprise application projects, ensuring clients leverage innovation for success. Jeyaram holds certifications in Oracle, MySQL, AWS, and ITIL, reflecting his commitment to continuous learning. His passion for Open Source and diverse technologies, combined with a postgraduate degree in MSc. Information Technology, makes him a valuable asset in managing complex IT projects. Overall, Jeyaram’s extensive experience and dedication to staying current in the industry solidify him as a knowledgeable and indispensable professional.
Arunjith Aravindan is a highly experienced computer professional with over 14 years of expertise in Open Source and MySQL consulting. Holding a Master of Computer Application (MCA) postgraduate degree, he joined Percona in 2014 as a consultant, where he collaborates with Managed Services customers to establish and maintain robust MySQL infrastructures. Arunjith specializes in performance analysis and optimization of MySQL, RDS, and Aurora, query optimization, troubleshooting, as well as high availability and scalability. His dedication to staying current with industry developments is reflected in his blogs and speaking engagements at various conferences. Arunjith’s exceptional technical communication skills, coupled with his passion for Open Source and MySQL technologies, distinguish him in his field.Dr. P.V. Kumaraguru is over 27+ years of academic teaching experience in postgraduate professional degree programme. Associate Professor and COE, Guru Nanak College, 12 years of Research Experience, Former Dean of School of Information Technology, Guru Nanak College(Autonomous), Chennai. Areas of interest are Networking, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, published articles in several National and International Journals. Area of Research Work -Machine learning Approach for Model Discovery and Process Enhancement Using Process Mining Techniques.