Cookbook for Mobile Robotic Platform Control
Dr. Anita Gehlot, Rajesh Singh, Lovi Raj Gupta, Bhupendra Singh
Authors: Dr. Anita Gehlot, Rajesh Singh, Lovi Raj Gupta, Bhupendra Singh
Publishing Date: January 2019
This book provides a platform to the readers, where they can understand the applications of ‘Internet of Things’ to control the robotic platform. It covers the basic knowledge of the mobile apps with their designing steps and programming. The objective of the book is to discuss various applications of robotic platform where ‘Internet of things’ can play an important role. This book comprises of total seventeen chapters for designing different independent prototypes for the various control methods. It covers introduction to IoT and basic components to design a robotic platform. The system demonstration is done with the help of Ti Launch Pad and other interfacing devices. The control of robot with different mobile apps like Blynk, Virtuino, Cayenne, Thingspeak, Firebase are included for vast coverage of scope.
It would be beneficial for the people who want to get started with hardware based robotic prototypes with IoT. This book is entirely based on the practical experience of the authors while undergoing projects with the students and industries.
Controlling Robots using Blynk, Virtuino, Cayenne, Thingspeak, Firebase.
- The book provides gradual pace of basics to advanced interfacing and programming with Ti launch pad for IoT applications.
- It provides a unique style for IoT applications with program codes.
- It discusses various applications where the Internet of Things plays an important role, and considers a number of different independent prototypes for various mobile robotics platform control methods.
- The control of robot with different mobile apps like Blynk, Virtuino, Cayenne, Thingspeak, Firebase are included for vast coverage of scope.
- Step by step programming, to get started with Ti launch Pad
- Case studies to provide solution to real time problems
- The case studies and programming in book are tested on real hardware during handling the industrial and student projects.
What Will You Learn
- Interfacing of Ti launch Pad and NodeMCU with Input/Output Devices
- Serial Communication between Ti Launch Pad and NodeMCU
- Robot Control Using the Blynk, Virtuino App
- Environment Monitoring Robot with BLYNK App
- Sensory Data Acquisition Robot Using a ThingSpeak Server
- Robot Control with Cayenne App, Local Server and NodeMCU, Firebase Server
Who This Book is ForStudents pursuing BE/BSc/ME/MSc/BTech/MTech in Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical.
- Components of a Robotic Platform
- Interfacing of Ti launch Pad with Input/Output Devices
- Interfacing of NodeMCU with Input/Output Devices
- Serial Communication between Ti LaunchPad and NodeMCU
- Robot Control Using the Blynk App
- Robot Control Using the Virtual App
- Environment Monitoring Robot with BLINK App
- Sensory Data Acquisition Robot Using a ThingSpeak Server
- Robot Control with Cayenne App
- Robot Control with Local Server and NodeMCU
- Robot Control with a Firebase Server
- XBee and Wi-Fi Modem Based Robot Control
- Fire Fighting Robot
- The Internet of Things Robotic Arm
- The Smart Orchard with a Robotic Arm Sprinkler
- Smart Farming with the IoT
She has been awarded a “certificate of appreciation” from the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies for exemplary work. She has been honored with a “certificate of appreciation” from Rashtrapati Bhawan for the mentoring project in Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award-2018. She has published fourteen books in the area of Embedded Systems and the Internet of Things.
Dr. Rajesh Singh is currently associated with Lovely Professional University as a Professor with more than fifteen years of experience in academics. He has been awarded as a gold medalist in M.Tech and honors in his B.E. His area of expertise includes embedded systems, robotics, wireless sensor networks and the Internet of Things. He has organized and conducted a number of workshops, summer internships and expert lectures for students as well as faculty. He has twenty-three patients in his account. He has published around hundred research papers in refereed journals/conferences. He has been invited as session chair and keynotes speaker to international/national conferences and faculty development programs.
Under his mentorship students have participated in national/international competitions including Texas competition in Delhi and Laureate award of excellence in robotics engineering in Spain. Twice in the last four years, he has been awarded a “certificate of appreciation” and “Best Researcher award- 2017” from the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies for exemplary work. He got a “certificate of appreciation” for mentoring the projects submitted to Texas Instruments Innovation challenge India design contest, from Texas Instruments, in 2015. He has been honored with a “certificate of appreciation” from Rashtrapati Bhawan for a mentoring project in Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award-2018. He has been awarded a young investigator award at the International Conference on Science and Information in 2012. He has published fourteen books in the area of Embedded Systems and the Internet of Things.
Dr. Lovi Raj Gupta is the Executive Dean, Faculty of Technology & Sciences, Lovely Professional University. He is a leading light in the field of Technical and Higher education in the country. His research-focused approach and an insightful innovative intervention of technology in education have won him many accolades and laurels.
He holds a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics. He did his M.Tech. in Computer-Aided Design & Interactive Graphics from IIT, Kanpur, and B.E. (Hons.) from MITS, Gwalior. Having flair for endless learning has done more than twenty plus certifications and specializations online on the Internet of Things (IoT), Augmented Reality, and Gamification, from the University of California at Irvine, Yonsei University, South Korea, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, and Google Machine Learning Group. His research interests are in the areas of Robotics, Mechatronics, Bioinformatics, IoT, AI & ML using Tensor Flow (CMLE), and Gamification.
In 2001, he was appointed as Assistant Controller (Technology), Ministry of IT, Govt. of India by the Honorable President of India in the Office of the Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA). In 2013, he was accorded the role in the National Advisory Board for What Can I Give Mission - Kalam Foundation of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. In 2011, he received the MIT Technology Review Grand Challenge Award followed by the coveted Infosys InfyMakers Award in the year 2016. He has ten patents for his account.
Bhupendra Singh is Managing Director of Schematics Microelectronics and provides Product design and R&D support to industries and Universities. He has completed BCA, PGDCA, M.Sc. (CS), M.Tech and has more than eleven years of experience in the field of Computer Networking and Embedded systems. He has published twelve books in the area of Embedded Systems and the Internet of Things.