SIEMENS NX 2020 for Engineers and Designers
Prof. Sham Tickoo
Authors: Prof. Sham Tickoo
Publishing Date: September 2020
Weight: 1300 gram
SIEMENS NX 2020 for Engineers and Designers textbook introduces the readers to NX, the world’s leading parametric solid modelling software. In this textbook, the author emphasizes on the solid modelling techniques that improves the productivity and efficiency of the users. The chapters in this textbook are arranged in pedagogical sequence that makes it very effective in learning the feature and capabilities of the software.
Unites parametric features with 2D tools with every design through manufacturing process
- Tutorial point of view and the learn-by-doing approach
- 50 real-world mechanical real world projects as tutorials
- Exercises which are based on mechanical real world projects.
- Additional information is provided to the users in the form of tips and notes
- The text in this book is heavily illustrated with about 1100 diagrams and screen capture images
- Self-evaluation test, review questions, and exercises
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After reading this textbook, users can create solid models, surface models, assemblies, sheet metal parts, and generate 2D drawing views easily in the Drafting environment of NX.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
With lots of features and thorough review, the author presents a book to cater to the needs of both novice and advanced users of SIEMENS NX 2020 and is ideally suited for learning at your convenience and at your pace.
- Introduction to NX
- Drawing sketches for Solid Models
- Adding Geometric and Dimensional Constraints to Sketches
- Editing, Extruding, and Revolving Sketches
- Working with Datum Planes, Coordinate Systems, and Datum Axes
- Advanced Modeling Tools-I
- Advance Modeling Tools –II
- Assembly Modeling –I
- Assembly Modelling –II
- Surface Modelling
- Advance Surface Modeling
- Generating, Editing, and Dimensioning the Drawing Views
- Synchronous Modeling
- Sheet Metal Design
- Introduction to Injection Mold Design
Prof. Sham Tickoo is currently working as a Professor at Purdue University, USA. He received MS in Industrial Technology from Northern Illinois University, Illinois, USA; MS in Industrial and Management Engineering from the University of lowa, lowa City, USA; and BS in Mechanical Engineering from NIT, Srinagar, India. Before joining Purdue University in 1987, Prof. Tickoo has worked as a Design Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, and Software Developer. Prof. Tickoo has authored/co-authored textbooks on several major CAD/CAE/Animation software packages like ANSYS, SolidWorks, CATIA, Pro/Engineer, NX, AutoCAD, Customizing AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, Solid Edge, 3ds Max, 3ds Max Design, Autodesk Inventor, Mechanical Desktop, and VIZ. In addition to North America. His textbooks have been translated and published in Russia, Japan, India, South Korea, and Serbia. Prof. Tickoo has obtained over $24 Million software grant form ANSYS, IBM, and Siemens.
In 2003, Prof. Tickoo was awarded a US patent for one of his invention “Self Adjusting Cargo Organizer for Vehicles”. He is currently working on the design and fabrication of two new wind turbines that will significantly increase their power output and can be used to charge the batteries of an automobile. Prof. Tickoo is actively involved in consulting and has served as a consultant to over fifty companies in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, California, and Canada.