Soft Skills Personality Development for Life Success- Second Rev & Upd Edition
Authors: Prashant Sharma
Publishing Date: August 2019
Is it Possible to get High-Impact Communication skills and Soft Skills in a very short period?
Is there a way to build executive presence to get a promotion, progress, and visibility for your efforts from your leaders and recruiters?
Can you develop mental strength, motivation & confidence to approach your lives with a positive mental attitude?
Can you develop Emotional Intelligence and have meaningful relationships with everyone to live your dream life?
Do you want to learn from a corporate expert's 20+ years experience, so that you can avoid costly and time-consuming mistakes and make the right decisions?
Yes, through this book you can do all the above and more!
Welcome to the ultimate guide to unleashing your potential. This book aims to impart high-impact soft skills like executive presence, time management, public speaking, first impression, professionalism, etiquette, negotiation, job interview, group discussion, leadership, teamwork, communication, creativity, interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and much more.
Good professional needs to have strong Language skills. Recognizing this need, the book has a section in every chapter that highlights important words and Business phrases used in the corporate industry along with their meanings.
The attached CD has all new content, essential soft skills training for life success. Through a series of videos, the author shares corporate tips and provides coaching for career advancement and realization of personal goals.
Hacks used for speed learning:
Experts quotes | learning milestones | learning mastery: the essentials of the topic | case in point: real-world examples for the application of the concepts | illustrations, and graphics | knowledge check | case studies | applied knowledge based on the case studies | business jargon and Start-up terminologies | English vocabulary building
Here are a few questions our readers have asked the author.
- I am very strong technically. Why must I learn soft skills?
There is a popular saying: The first impression is the last impression. A good first impression that creates lifelong relationships is created through effective habits and an ability to say the right thing at the right time to the right person. To manage teams, to have good relationships with your bosses and leaders, to get the job and promotion of your dreams, it is important that we learn how to get soft skills.
Formal education and technical certifications are not enough. Our technical experience is insufficient. That's where soft skills are important. Technical skills get you through the door, but soft skills help you progress upwards from floor to floor till you reach the corner office!
- There are so many soft skills books already. What makes this one different?
There are 3 main reasons why you should read this book:
- I have almost 20 years of Corporate, Business and Training experience. Starting my career as an Assistant manager with the Taj Hotels, I have experience as a founder of 3 start ups and over 15 years as a Life, Business and Executive Coach. The format of this book is entirely based on case studies experienced by me by interacting with thousands of clients and training sessions.
- Neuroscience is a very hot field right now with lots of applications in business. For the first time, I have shared new experiences and ideas on 'How to Promote Yourself' by using applied Neuroscience. I have shared how Neuromarketing helps you to handle difficult people, establish rapport and relationships and become expert people managers.
- This book highlights frequently committed mistakes by others and suggests ways to avoid these. Life-changing frameworks are showcased through case studies and examples. These help you to apply these easy methods immediately in your lives and most importantly become part of your basic nature.
- What can I expect after reading this book?
The book is like a GPS for the readers, who want to explore the quickest ways to reach their desired goals. There is no boring theory, no wasted time!
It provides professionals who don’t have a background on sales to effectively `sell’ their skills. The reader learns how to `package 'their verbal and non-verbal communication to influence others.
Short bite-sized business storytelling has been used to keep the reader interested and energized and motivated to apply these skills in their own life.
- Any other tips for getting the maximum benefit from this book?
I will encourage the reader to read a few pages at a time, then try and apply the solutions and come back and fine-tune their approach by reading a few more pages. Read this book over the course of 6-8 weeks for optimal results.
To develop these skills, the reader should read about a chapter and guidelines on how to exhibit new behavior without feeling shy or conscious. Once the reader begins to exhibit appropriate behaviour in all situations: personal and professional then sustained behavior becomes a habit. This then becomes part of the reader’s basic nature.
He specializes in all kinds of soft skills & behavioral training. Prashant has conducted programs pan-India for professionals from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs to Public Sector Corporations. He is a visiting faculty at prestigious training institutions like HIPA (training IAS/IPS officers), INGAF-Min. Of Finance, SBI Gurukul, etc. Prashant has also been invited to educational institutions like Symbiosis SCHMRD, Ansals University, Subharti University, etc. as Visiting Faculty for speaking to students on the merits of Soft Skills.
Prashant is currently setting up a chain of soft skills training franchisee centers pan- India, the first of which opened in Faizabad-Ayodhya in July 2014. A successful in-school program called SuperSkills is being rolled out pan-India. The focus is on creating employability skills and soft skills in children at the school stage