Successful Project In Visual Basic
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: BPB Publications
- ISBN: 817656401X
- Pages: 248
- Dimension: 27 X 21.5 X 1 cm
This text will be useful for students on a wide range of courses such as 'A' Level Computing. It assumes no knowledge of programming and covers everything needed to write a large program.
- Part One goes through all the main programming concepts carefully.
- Part Two covers a variety of topics which students will find useful in their project work.
- Part Three goes through the design and coding of a sample project.
- All the material covered in Part One and the project in Part Three can be done using Version 4 or higher of Visual Basic. Some topics in Part Two need Version 5 or higher.
Part One - Basic Topics
Chapter 1 - Introducing Visual Basic
Chapter 2 - Working with Controls
Chapter 3 - Working with Data
Chapter 4 - Selection
Chapter 5 - Loops
Chapter 6 - Handling Strings, Dates and Time
Chapter 7 - Procedures Chapter
8 - Arrays
Chapter 9 - Records
Chapter 10 - Files
Part Two - Further Topics
Chapter 11 - Debugging and Error Handling
Chapter 12 - Sending Output to the Printer
Chapter 13 - Menus
Chapter 14 - Graphics
Chapter 15 - Relational Databases
Chapter 16 - Visual Basic and the Internet
Part Three - The Project
Chapter 17 - Introduction and Analysis
Chapter 18 - Design: Forms, Reports, Files and Data Validation
Chapter 19 - Design and System Maintenance: Modular Structure
Chapter 20 - Coding: Forms, Standard Modules and Utilities
Chapter 21 - Coding: Membership
Chapter 22 - Coding: Starting a Game
Chapter 23 - Coding: Finishing a Game
Chapter 24 - Appraisal