System Analysis Design & MIS Made Simple
Prof. Satish Jain, Dr. Madulika Jain, Shashi Singh, Vineeta Pillai
Authors: Prof. Satish Jain, Dr. Madulika Jain, Shashi Singh, Vineeta Pillai
Publishing Date: January 2005
Dimension: 24 X 18.5 X 1.5 cm
Looking for an eBook ? Click here
This book explains in detail the concepts, strategies and issues involved in analysing, designing and developing an information system for an organization. It presents a detailed discussion on analysis and design tools and techniques used in developing a business system. Fact gathering techniques, flowcharting methods, data flow diagrams, decision tree, decision tables, structured charts and data dictionary are explained using many examples and Case Studies. Guidelines for business forms design, reports design, GUI design etc. are discussed in an easy to understand language and using ample examples. Topics of modular and structured design, system implementation, evaluation, review and maintenance are treated in a simple and lucid manner. The chapter on Object Oriented Analysis and Design focuses on explaining the use of object oriented techniques in system development process. Latest UML (Unified Modelling Language) diagrams and standards are explained with simple example and effective illustrations. Features: -
- All chapters in this book are written in a very simple language and using a large number of illustrations.
- Solved sample Case-Studies are given to improve the understanding of the subject matter.
- Descriptive questions with answers are added at the end of each chapter so that the readers can evaluate their progress by comparing their answers with the answers with the answers given in the book.
- A comprehensive index is included for quick and easy access to all the topics in the book and for reducing the reader's valuable time in searching for a topic.
- A glossary of numerous technical terms is included for easy understanding of the subject matter.
- Management Information System (MIS) Concepts are explained with easy-to-understand examples.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Systems
Chapter 2: System Analyst
Chapter 3: System Development Life Cycle
Chapter 4: System Planning
Chapter 5: System Design and Modelling
Chapter 6: Input and Output Design
Chapter 7: File Organization and Database Design
Chapter 8: Module and Structured Design
Chapter 9: System implementation and Maintenance
Chapter 10: Computer System Audit and Security
Chapter 11: Object Oriented Analysis, Design and UML
Chapter 12: Hardware/Software Selection and the Computer Contract
Chapter 13: Project Scheduling and Software
Chapter 14: Management Information System and MIS Planning
Chapter 15: MIS Design and Implementation
Chapter 16: MIS for Accounting and Finance Functions
Chapter 17: MIS for Marketing System
Satish Jain, Dr. Madulika Jain, Shashi Singh, Vineeta Pillai