IT Interview Guide for Freshers
Sameer S Paradkar
Are you a fresher looking to pass your first IT interview and get your hands on that dream job of yours? This is the best choice for you to make. By emphasizing on the importance of sufficient preparation, this book will help aspirants prepare for the IT interview process. With this practical hands-on guide, readers will not only learn industry-standard IT interview practices and tips, but will also get curated, situation-specific, and timeline-specific interview preparation techniques that will help them take a leap ahead of others in the queue. This book includes sample questions asked by top IT companies while hiring and the readers can expect a similar set of questions in their interview. The book also offers hints on solving them as you move ahead, and each hint is customized similar to how your actual interview is likely to progress. Whether you are planning to prepare for an interview through a semester for six months or preparing for just a weekend coding competition, this book will have all the necessary information that will lead you to your first successful job.
This book is divided into numerous chapters including the topics that deal with various aspects and stages of the entire interview process. It presents an exhaustive question bank with special emphasis on practical scenarios and business cases. The book describes the qualities an employer looks for in a potential employee and will also help improve the aspirant’s understanding of the interview process. The book begins with oft-asked sample interview questions on top data structures and operating systems. Then it dives into the concepts and principles of OOPs. Next, it presents various interview questions on C/C++/Java programming along with database management systems. The book will then take you through the methodologies and processes of validation and testing, along with DevOps, Agile, Scrum, APIs, Micro-services, and SOA. Finally, the book ends with a set of HR process interview questions covering the best practices to answer interview questions.
The gold mine of critical IT interview Q&A for freshers
- Understand various best practices, principles, concepts, and guidelines
- Common pitfalls to avoid during interviews
- Trending programming languages including Python and R.
- Tools, best practices, techniques, and processes
- Methodologies and processes for DevOps, microarchitecture, SDLC, APIs, SOA integration
- Best practices and programming standards
- The holistic view of key concepts, principles, and best practices
What Will You Learn
- This is a comprehensive book on IT interviews for aspirants with profiles ranging from freshers to experienced (up to four years’ experience) and with different backgrounds such as BE, BCA, BSc, BCom, and MCA.
- This reference guide for freshers has a double advantage:
- It will guide them for their interview and discussions.
- It will help interview panels in selecting candidates for their practice/units while bringing in standardization in the selection process.
- This book has more than five hundred questions in eight domains, including a chapter on trending programming languages (Python and R).
- It presents an exhaustive question bank with special emphasis on practical scenarios and business cases.
- It covers all the key domains including data structures, OOPs, DBMS, OS, methodologies and processes, programming languages, and digital technologies.
- The book includes a section on frameworks and methodologies for quality assurance and testing, DevOps, Agile, Scrum, APIs, microservices, and SOA.
- Based on our experience, the assurance is that at least 80% of the content will be discussed during a typical interview.
- The book also has a section on pre- and post-interview preparations.
- The coverage is extensive in terms of depth and breadth of domains addressed in the book. But it can be referred to for selective reading as per the choice of domain.
- The book has more than a hundred diagrams depicting various scenarios, models, and methodologies.
Who This Book is For
- Students: IT and other computer science streams
- Freshers from IT and computer science institutes
- Programmers/Software engineers/Developers: 0–4 years’ experience
- Interview panels
- Written Test & Group Discussion
- Interview Preparations
- Data Structure & Algorithms
- Operating System
- Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- C/C++ Programming
- Java Programming
- Database Management System (DBMS)
- Trending Programming Languages: Python & R
- Methodologies & Processes
- HR Round
Sameer is part of the Architecture Group within Atos. Prior to Atos, he has worked in organizations like EY - IT Advisory, IBM GBS, Wipro Consulting Services, Tech Mahindra, and Infosys Technologies, and he has specialized in IT strategies and enterprise transformation engagements.