Building Production-ready Web Apps with Node.js
Publishing Date: November 2021
Dimension: 7.5 x 9.25 inches
Learn web application development through design thinking and illustrated use-cases.
- Learn from Node.js community leader to design production-ready applications.
- Numerous examples and use-cases demonstrate how to create web components of your choice.
- Covers best practices on writing error-free and high-performant codes for scaling Node.js apps.
'Building Production-ready Web Apps with Node.js' teaches you how a web application works from the inside out with detailed illustrations of the various components. You should be able to use the knowledge to develop new web applications, enhance existing applications, or re-architect applications to meet new workload characteristics or deployment scenarios.
This book, written by a Node.js community leader, walks you through the various aspects of a web application, beginning with platform selection and ending with production problem determination. It offers unique Node.js features that make it a high-performer in IO workloads. The book then walks you through the components of a web application, such as the front-end, back-end, middleware functions, database, and third-party services. There are several real-world case studies and illustrative examples to help you internalize the knowledge easily.
If you read this book, you should be able to apply what you've learned in your current job situation. This book will provide you with the ability to appreciate and rationalize the design considerations of modern web technologies.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn how to create web app components from zero.
- Receive expert guidance on optimizing backend components' performance.
- Develop the ability to convert monolithic applications to microservices.
- Utilize cutting-edge techniques to reinvent web components for maximum production strength.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
- Getting Started with the Fundamentals
- Setting up the Environment
- Introduction to Web Server
- Our First program: Time of the Day Server
- Common Networking Interfaces of Node.js
- Major Web Server Components
- Interacting with Backend Components
- Implementing Common Website Features
- Making our Website Production Grade
- Best Practices for High Performant Code
- Debugging Program Anomalies
Gireesh Punathil is a member of the Node.js Technical Steering Committee and an architect in IBM India Software Labs. In his 20-year career, he has been porting, developing, and debugging cloud platform components, web servers, language runtimes, virtual machines, and compilers. He graduated with an Electrical Engineering degree from Calicut University and is an IBM Master inventor who holds several patents on workload optimization and in related areas. He has also spoken at several international conferences, sharing his knowledge on Node.js and Java.
LinkedIn Profile: Gireesh Punathil
Blog Link: http://javafunctions.blogspot.com