Building Server-side and Microservices with Go
Publishing Date: September 2021
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Develop and deploy efficient server-side applications and microservice architectures.
- Extensive examples of the Go programming language and REST concepts.
- Includes graphical illustrations and visual explanation of the microservice architecture.
- Graphs and visual explanation for Docker and Kubernetes commands.
'Building Server-side and Microservices with Go' teaches you the fundamentals of Go programming languages, REST server applications, and microservices. You can develop efficient server-side applications and use modern development concepts such as microservices after reading this book.
We will create simple server-side applications and add new features as and when a new topic is covered. We will begin with the fundamentals of Go programming languages, which will create simple server-side applications. During development, a layered design will be introduced, with each application layer serving a specific purpose. We will introduce you to the microservice concept, and it is further divided into a couple of smaller microservices. Finally, we'll look at how to use Docker and Kubernetes to deploy and scale microservices.
After reading this book, we will be able to successfully develop monolithic and microservice applications and identify when one approach is more appropriate than another. This book can also help improve existing applications. It is a perfect handy guide to build proficiency with Docker and Kubernetes.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Basics of Go programming language (data types, structures, loops, functions, concurrency, etc).
- REST concept development and implementation.
- Introduction to layered server-side application designs and key roles.
- PostgreSQL database design, CRUD operations, and queries.
- Introduction to microservices, common practices, and advantages and disadvantages of microservices.
- Microservices development with Go and how to break monolithic applications into microservices.
- Understanding protocol buffers and message queuing protocols for microservice communications.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for backend developers, software architects, and students interested in learning about the Go programming language, REST Server Applications, and Microservices. Knowing fundamental programming concepts would be an advantage but not essential.
- Fundamentals of Go Programming Language
- REST Server Applications
- HTTP Layer and Handler
- Core Layer
- Data Layer and Database
- Microservices in Go
- Microservice Communication
- Deployment and Scaling