High Performance Enterprise Apps using C# 10 and .NET 6
Ockert J. du Preez
Authors: Ockert J. du Preez
Publishing Date: 30th July 2022
Dimension: 6*9 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Explore the ins-and-outs of optimizing your code to improve performance
- Contains a variety of approaches and tools for resolving, repairing, and fine-tuning enterprise applications.
- Learn to write clean and efficient codes to avoid performance bottlenecks.
- Get well versed with optimization and benchmarking tools to discover and fix poor-performing code.
When making a large enterprise application, a lot of thought needs to go into the performance. This problem could have been prevented when applications are slow and have timeout errors, for example, and these errors keep happening. This book instructs developers on how to increase the efficiency of their code, detect and eliminate performance bottlenecks, and construct codes that simplify the software execution.
This book teaches to improve the performance and reliability of apps so that the business runs smoothly. Readers will learn to employ the correct data types, different pattern matching, application profiling, and performance diagnostics. Various application challenges, including a large object heap, memory cache, system interoperability, and accurate collections, are thoroughly discussed with appropriate solutions. While exploring how to improve application performance, readers will gain hands-on experience with tools like Visual Studio Diagnostic Tools, JetBrains DotMemory, Red Gate ANTS, and dotTrace.
Furthermore, readers get to practice writing clean codes, use of expert best practices, and design effective UIs responding appropriately to the server and the user.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Develop the ability to recognise code with poor performance in every application.
- Prevent application performance issues by writing code free of errors and problems.
- Verify troublesome areas of the application's code with in-depth testing.
- Think creatively to create responsive user interfaces for individual users and applications.
- Get an opportunity to learn necessary C# commands quickly.
- Overcome the difficulties brought by InterOp, Hashtable, and Collection.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
C# and .NET developers, application developers, web developers, and software developers are all looking forward to this book because they want to focus on producing high-quality apps rather than managing the development tool.
Section-I: An Introduction to Code Performance and C#
- The Need for High-Performance Code
- Overview of C#
- New and Improved features in C#
- Using Data Types
- Enhancing Pattern Matching
- Using Collections Properly
- Identifying Performance Problems
- Benchmarking Code with BenchmarkDotNet
- Dealing with the Memory Cache
- Working with the Large Object Heap
- Creating a Responsive UI
- Overcoming InterOp Challenges
Ockert J. du Preez has been in the coding industry for 20+ years and has written hundreds of developer articles over the years detailing his programming quests and adventures. These can be found on CodeGuru, Developer.com and Database Journal.
He has written the following books:
Visual Studio 2019 In-Depth (BpB Publications)
Building Cross-Platform Modern Apps using Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
He was the Technical Editor for the following books
Professional C++, 5th Edition by Marc Gregoire
C++ Software Interoperability for Windows Programmers by Adam Gladstone
He was a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for .NET (2008–2017).