INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: TEXTBOOK FOR CLASS IX
Komalpreet Kaur, Yogesh Kumar
Publishing Date: August 2021
Dimension: 8.5x11 Inches
A pedagogic approach to skill-based learning about Information Technology
To enhance the level of understanding, our approach in writing this book has been step wise learning. In this approach we believe in:
- Familiarize with the effective and written communication skills.
- Identifying the principle components of computers.
- Understand Self-management skills along with the ability of self-analysis in the context of entrepreneurial skills.
- Know the importance of green skills and challenges of environment protection.
Book is divided into two parts, Part-A is related to Employability Skills and Part-B contains Vocational Skills. The first part starts with Communication skills, Self-Management skills and effective oral / written communication skills to help the learners to interact with people in their daily lives. Afterward, the Information and communication technology skills help to identify the principle components of a computer system along with the demonstration of the basic skills of using computer. The Entrepreneurial Skills gives an ability to provide self-analysis and knowledge of the importance of green skills in meeting the challenges of suitable development and environment protection. The other part of the book is linked with the Introduction of IT-ITeS industry, Data Entry and keyboarding skills that helps in working on computer safely and using the related software. Further the Microsoft Office has been explained to demonstrate the usage of Microsoft Word, Making Spreadsheet on Excel as well as Making Presentation on PowerPoint along with doing different formatting work to make it more efficient.
Book will help readers in using computers for the data entry process by following the rules and guidelines for data entry to increase the speed and accuracy of undertaking the data entry.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The objective of this book is to develop a readiness for understanding Computers and its application in our lives.
- The minimum technical/conceptual skills required by the learners to understand the examples mentioned in the book are Basic Computers literacy, Basic understanding of ICT skills, Beginner level understanding of use of IT applications in our daily lives.
- No need of any prior knowledge is required by the learner to study the subject.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
The book is intended for anyone looking for a basic concept of Computer or starting to know about Information Technology. Book will also help the learner to develop and learn basic typing skills using Microsoft Office.
SECTION – A
1 Communication Skills
2 Self-Management Skills
3 Information and Communication Technology Skills – I
4 Entrepreneurial Skills
5 Green Skills – I
SECTION – B
1 Introduction to the IT-ITeS Industry
2 Data Entry and Keyboarding Skills
3 Digital documentation
5 Digital Presentation
Dr. Yogesh Kumar is working as Associate Professor in Department of Computer Engineering, Indus University, Ahmedabad Gujarat. He has done his Ph.D. and M.Tech in CSE from Punjabi University, Patiala. He has more than fourteen years of experience in teaching and research. His research areas include Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Data Science.