Managing the ServiceNow Platform
Authors: Felix Acosta
Publishing Date: 22nd Nov 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
The ServiceNow platform is a powerful tool for managing IT services, but it can be complex to manage. This book provides a comprehensive guide to managing the ServiceNow platform effectively, from the core architecture concepts to scripting and integration.
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced administrator, this book will help you get the most out of the ServiceNow platform. You'll learn how to manage users and access, manage licensing, move configuration across environments, manage upgrades, and configure forms, workflows, business rules, and more. You'll also learn about foundational data such as locations and groups, how to configure notifications and the mobile app, and how to import and export data. And, of course, no book on managing the ServiceNow platform would be complete without a discussion of scripting and integration. In addition to the core topics, this book also covers some more advanced topics such as managing technical debt in the ServiceNow platform.
By the end of the book, you will be able to manage the ServiceNow platform effectively and efficiently.
- Master the basics of ServiceNow administration and its features.
- Create and customize ServiceNow to meet the unique needs of your organization.
- Explore integrations and data migration approaches with ServiceNow to streamline workflows.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn how to manage users, groups, access, settings, and integrations.
- Create and configure forms, workflows, business rules, and more.
- Integrate ServiceNow with other systems to streamline workflows and automate tasks.
- Learn how to import, export, and protect your ServiceNow data.
- Keep ServiceNow running smoothly by troubleshooting and resolving problems.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for anyone who wants to learn about ServiceNow, whether you're a beginner or an experienced IT professional. It's a quick and easy way to get started with ServiceNow, and it can help you prepare for a ServiceNow career or simply gain a better understanding of the platform.
- Overview of ServiceNow
- The Platform Building Blocks
- Managing Users, Foundational Data, and Platform Security
- Configuring Forms and Lists
- Configuring Workflows Using Flow Designer
- Configuring Business Rules
- Configuring for Mobile
- Configuring and Creating Portals
- Configuring and Managing Notifications
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Integration Concepts with ServiceNow
- Scripting Concepts and Examples
- Managing Releases and Troubleshooting the Platform
- Additional Training and Resources
Felix Acosta has spent over ten years developing and implementing ServiceNow for many organizations and 20 years working with different service management solutions. Throughout his experience, Felix has played many roles, including developer, architect, and project manager, and has coached and mentored many ServiceNow consultants, developers, and administrators.
Today, Felix shapes complex ServiceNow solutions, coaches consultants, and helps many organizations throughout their ServiceNow journeys.
Felix holds multiple ServiceNow certifications, including the Certified Master Architect badge. Other ServiceNow certifications include Certified Application Developer (CAD), Certified Systems Administrator, and Certified Implementation Specialist for ITSM, HR and CSM, Discovery, Service Mapping, and Event Management.
He is also certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) and ITIL 4 Managing Professional.
Felix also holds a Bachelor’s in Telecommunications and Electronics Engineering (ITESM – Mexico), a Master's in Telecommunications Management (ITESM – Mexico), and a Master's in Business Administration (University of Toronto).