Mastering Game Design with Unity 2021
Authors: Scott Tykoski
Publishing Date: 15th Nov 2022
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Learn and Leverage the Power of Unity to Create Amazing Video Games!
- Discover everything to learn about Game Design, processes, and Unity's 2D and 3D engines.
- Less complicated step-by-step tutorials on building gameplay systems and improving their performance.
- Dedicated help and support for developing prototypes, releasing games, and sharpening the user experience.
The Unity Engine has been steadily evolving over the past few years into one of the most powerful resources for the game development community. Its feature-rich toolkit and user-friendliness make it an ideal foundation for budding game developers.
The book ‘Mastering Game Design with Unity 2021’ will walk you through creating a multimedia game from scratch, covering everything from the basics of game development to advanced design concepts. The book will help you to learn the ins and outs of scenes, game objects, input systems, physics, particles, and post-processing effects, and even get access to instructions to put your newfound skills to use. In addition, this book will help you to learn the fundamentals of game logic design, interactive narratives, game mechanics, storyboarding, and design structure in an easy-to-understand format from a coaching game expert.
Whether you're brand new to the gaming industry or a seasoned developer looking to strengthen your Unity skills, this book will provide everything you need to know to design stunning 3D games, animations, 3D content, and virtual reality/augmented reality experiences in Unity 3D.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Use the Unity Game Editor and Assets to design and build 3D animations and games.
- Understand important game design concepts across a variety of genres.
- Take advantage of Unity's pre-built UI, rendering, physics, and graphics systems.
- Create custom gameplay systems and elements using C# scripting.
- Figure out how to make an already existing prototype appear even better.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for aspiring game designers, animators, and professional graphic creators who wish to create games with spectacular 3D visuals and high-quality animation effects. Readers can go through the fundamentals of game design and then learn how to use them in Unity to make their own custom video game from scratch.
- The Unity Engine
- Components and Prefabs
- The Basics of Combat
- Getting to Know UI
- Mastering the Fundamentals
- The Physics of Fun
- The Joy of Animation
- The Mind of the Enemy
- Forging Your Weapon System
- All About Audio
- A Graphical Upgrade
- So Many Particles
- Mastering Player Progression
- 2D vs. 3D
- Mastering the Genres
- Platforms and Publishing
- From Concept to Completion
Scott Tykoski has been a part of the Video Game industry for the past 23 years, helping to ship 25 titles and applications across multiple platforms (PC, mobile, Xbox, Meta Quest 2, HoloLens). He led several teams and has filled almost every possible role throughout his career: developer, artist, designer, writer, animator, producer, marketing. He gives regular talks about game design to schools and local gaming dev meetups. Currently, he has taken his knowledge of Unity and design into the realm of Consultancy.
At OST, they use these emerging technologies to produce applications and AR/VR experiences for industry leaders.