Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
Authors: Luca Berton
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
This book equips you to revolutionize operations across Cloud Infrastructure, Applications, Networks, Containers, and Security. From foundational concepts to advanced strategies, the readers will navigate Ansible Automation intricacies, covering architecture, syntax, and installation scenarios, including single-machine setups and high-availability clusters. Authentication mastery encompasses Role-Based Access Controls (RBAC) and external authentication, ensuring a secure user management foundation.
System administration intricacies, such as metrics, logging, performance monitoring, and backup strategies, are explored, providing readers with holistic insights. Application deployment takes center stage in this book, emphasizing creating Ansible playbooks and content, automating deployment processes, and managing container applications. The book explores hybrid cloud environments, integrating Ansible with Kubernetes to manage applications across major cloud providers.
The concluding chapter encapsulates key learnings, offering a reflective mastery of the Ansible Automation Platform. This guide provides practical skills for designing, deploying, and orchestrating end-to-end automation.
- Efficient application deployment using Ansible playbooks, content creation, and containerized workflows.
- Use Hybrid cloud environments with Kubernetes for scalable containerized applications.
- Get Architectural insight into Ansible Automation Platform.
- Dashboard management with Ansible Tower dashboard for efficient platform administration.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Automate security patching for enhanced system uptime and resilience.
- Orchestrate multi-cloud deployments with unified playbooks for consistent and efficient control.
- Apply RBAC for secure collaboration and auditable workflows.
- Integrate metrics and logs for actionable insights and optimized automation workflows.
- Implement granular user roles and permissions for access control and team collaboration.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for IT operations teams, Automation engineers, DevOps engineers, Sysadmins, Software development teams, and cloud management teams with prior knowledge of the basics of Ansible.
- Getting Started with the Ansible Automation Platform
- Ansible Automation Platform Architecture
- Platform Installation Scenarios
- First Steps
- Settings and Authentication
- IT Operations
- App Deployments
- Hybrid Cloud and Kubernetes
- Automate IT Processes
Luca Berton is an Ansible Automation Expert who has been working with JPMorgan Chase & Co. He previously worked with the Red Hat Ansible Engineer Team for three years. He is a published author of the best-selling books “Ansible for VMware by Examples” and “Ansible for Kubernetes by Examples” as part of the Ansible By Example(s) practical book series. Luca is also the creator of the Ansible Pilot project.
With over 15 years of experience as a System Administrator, he possesses extensive expertise in Infrastructure Hardening and Automation. He is an avid supporter of the Open Source community and shares his knowledge at various public events. A geek by nature, Luca’s inclination is towards Linux, particularly Fedora.