Selenium and Appium with Python
Authors: Yogashiva Mathivanan
Publishing Date: 16th May 2023
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Book Type: Paperback
Appium and Selenium are popular open-source frameworks widely used for test automation in the software industry. Python, on the other hand, is a versatile and powerful programming language known for its simplicity and readability. Combining Appium and Selenium with Python offers numerous advantages for test automation, including a simplified testing process, faster test execution, and increased efficiency in test script development.
Written by a Test Automation Architect, this book aims to enhance your knowledge of Selenium and Appium automation tools. The book will help you learn how to leverage Python for test automation development, gaining skills to automate various types of elements, actions, gestures, and more in web and mobile applications, including Android and IOS. Furthermore, the book will help you create a robust and maintainable test automation framework from scratch. Lastly, the book will teach you how to utilize Selenium Grid with Docker to run and distribute tests across multiple machines, enabling you to maximize efficiency and productivity in test automation.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build effective and scalable automated testing solutions using Python.
- Get started with automation testing using Python, Selenium, and Appium.
- Learn how to create a test automation framework from scratch.
- Learn how to perform web and mobile app testing using Selenium and Appium, respectively.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn how to automate web testing with Selenium and Python.
- Learn how to automate Mobile testing with appium and Python.
- Learn how to handle exceptions and synchronization for web and mobile apps.
- Learn how to automate Hybrid apps using Selenium and Appium.
- Learn how to integrate Selenium Grid with Docker.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for Software Quality Assurance, including Test Automation Engineers, Product Owners, and Developers who are looking to enhance their test automation skills.
- Testing Process and Role of Automation
- Python Programming - Setup and Core Concepts
- Selenium for Web Automation
- Appium for Mobile Automation
- Locators and Handling Web Elements
- Appium: Locators and Gestures
- Synchronization, Exception Handling and Assertions
- Hybrid Application Automation & Launching Multiple Apps
- Selenium Automation Framework – Part 1
- Selenium Automation Framework – Part 2
- Mobile Automation Framework
- Dockerized Selenium Grid
- Bonus Chapter – Python Interview Questions
Yogashiva Mathivanan is a highly accomplished Test Automation Architect with a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering from New York, USA. He has over 10 years of experience in Software Test Automation and Framework design. Yogashiva has delivered top-quality test automation solutions to companies such as Infosys, IBM, HCL, MoneyGram, LPL Financial, T-Mobile, Experian, and Coinbase, and is currently working at CVS Health. Yogashiva has demonstrated exceptional proficiency in Java and Python programming languages and has an excellent track record of designing and implementing robust automation frameworks to automate Web, API, and Mobile Applications. Mathivanan’s expertise also extends to data validation across diverse databases & data applications, performance, and security testing. Mathivanan’s exceptional skills in problem-solving, attention to detail, and team management helped the companies deliver projects with the highest quality standards and have earned him a reputation as a highly reliable and effective leader in the software testing industry.