Selenium with Java A Beginner's Guide
Publishing Date: February 2022
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
A refresher for Java developers on how to use Selenium IDE and Selenium Grid to automate web browsers
- Extensive practical demonstration of Selenium with numerous real-world examples.
- Includes thorough examination of various test automation ideas.
- Covers tools in conjunction with Selenium for implementing browser and web test automation projects.
This book introduces setting up the environment for writing test scripts after covering Selenium and its capabilities. Numerous functionalities, including the web driver interface, the web element interface, and locators, are illustrated in-depth using the By class.
Additionally, the book presents tasks such as HTML element manipulation, mouse and keyboard operations, dropdown, table, window, alert, frame, action class, and synchronization. Along with Selenium IDE and Selenium Webdriver, the book also covers another critical feature, which is the implementation of Selenium Grid, that allows the test suite to execute in parallel across several settings. Several add-on automation scripts, such as those for taking screenshots, object and data information, are thoroughly displayed and explained in this book. The book discusses tools like TestNG and Maven that aid in the overall development of the test project ecosystem.
After reading the book, you should feel extremely competent in utilizing Selenium to automate a variety of web and browser testing scenarios and tasks.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Get trained to automate the end-to-end testing of online applications with Selenium Webdriver.
- Confidently configure the Selenium Grid for cross-browser testing.
- Create locators quickly for various HTML elements on the page.
- Opportunities to improve test writing skills with the popular unit test framework, TestNG.
- An in-depth explanation of the management of objects and data in the test project.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is intended for software test engineers who wish to develop a strong foundation in Selenium implementation to create test automation solutions. Basic knowledge of testing and Java as a programming language is required.
- Introduction to Selenium
- Preparing System and Application Under Test
- WebDriver, WebElement, and By
- Concept of Synchronization
- Working with Web Elements—Form, Table, and Dropdown
- Working with Web Element—Alert, Frame, IFrame, and Window
- Extra Concepts – Action, Screenshot, WebDriverManager
- What is TestNG
- Concept of Page Object Model
- Data Driving Test
- Introducing Maven
- Selenium Grid
Pallavi is a multi-skilled professional and has donned many hats in her career span. She founded 5 Elements Learning, where she acted as a coach, writer, and speaker on test automation solutions and collaborated with learning enthusiasts, organizations, and mentors from across the globe. She is a Steering Committee member at Agile Testing Alliance(ATA). She has contributed to Selenium Documentation, at the Selenium Project. She is the author of the book ‘Selenium with Python Beginners’ with BPB Publications. She has curated, organized, and acted as a jury for various international conferences and meetups like Selenium Conference India, StepIn Delhi, Selenium Conference by ATA, APISummit by ATA, and Global Testing Retreat by ATA. She is a firm believer in the larger good and likes to live by example. She volunteers her resources for Jabarkhet forest reserve, People for animals, and Wildlife SOS. She lives in the National Capital Region with her doctor parents, her husband, two children [sometimes she wonders though!], and a labrador. She likes to pen her thoughts as short stories, poems, and anecdotes. She is a firm believer in giving and living by example which she continues to learn, as life continues.
LinkedIn Profile: Pallavi
Blog Link: http://www.5elementslearning.dev