Systems Analysis, Design and Testing
Prof. Satish Jain, Shashi Singh
Authors: Prof. Satish Jain, Shashi Singh
Publishing Date: January 2021
Weight: 798 grams
Book System Analysis, Design and Testing of 'A' Level Made Simple series is based on NIELIT latest and revised syllabus. Our objective is to explain to 'A' Level students the System analysis, System design, Testing and MIS concepts in an easily understandable and simple language. The book is designed to equip a person to understand System Analysis, Design aspects and the role of testing in software development. It provides theoretical background as well as in depth knowledge through case studies. Standards and guidelines for form design, report design, GUI design etc., are discussed in an easy-to-understand language using ample diagrams. Features and limitations of CASE tools are also discussed in a simple manner. Latest UML diagrams’ standards are exemplified with simple and effective illustrations
Based on NIELIT ‘A’ Level Revised and Latest Syllabus for Module 8 (A8-R5)
- Ample number of diagrams are used to illustrate the subject matter for easy understanding.
- Set of review questions with answers are added at the end of each chapter. Readers can evaluate their progress easily by writing answers to the questions given in exercise and compare their answers.
- A set of solved and unsolved question papers are also included to enable the reader to get a feel of questions likely to be asked in the examination.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Book covers both Structured and Object-oriented techniques to analyse and design software. Fact gathering techniques, Joint application development (JAD), business process re-engineering, flowcharting methods, data flow diagrams, decision trees, decision tables, structured charts and data dictionary are explained in simple English using many examples and illustrations.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Students, Programmers, researchers, and software developers who wish to learn, analyse and design software .
- Introduction to system
- Requirement gathering and feasibility analysis
- Structured analysis
- Structured design
- Object-oriented modelling using uml
- System implementation and maintenance
- Other software development approaches
- Computing System Security
Prof. Satish Jain has obtained B.Sc. degree from Agra University in First Division and is a gold medal winner. He obtained a B.E. (Electronics) degree from Indian Institute of Science (I.I.Sc.), Bangalore with Distinction. He joined Indian Airforce as a signal officer and held different technical appointments during 21 years of service. He was specially selected by the IAF to undergo Masters of Engineering course in Aerospace science at I.I.Sc., Bangalore and M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering at IIT Kanpur. After taking retirement from the IAF, he set up the Computer Science Department in different organisations and educational institutes.