WordPress for Kids
Publishing Date: January 2022
Dimension: 7.5*9.25 Inches
Build your website with custom designs, animations, and many awesome features!
- Simple illustrations, screenshots, and easy lessons to engage kids.
- Detailed instructions, code samples, and explanations for creating WordPress websites.
- Use of analogies, stories, and real-life examples to help develop websites easily.
When kids are interested in technology and websites, WordPress for Kids will pique their interest in learning more. This book will help kids get first-hand experience in building a world-class site using WordPress.
It's a lot easier if you have a lot of screenshots and examples to follow along with. Each section is written so that children are never overwhelmed by technical details. Instead, they are divided into stories, scenarios, and terms they can relate to.
The book begins by helping you set up an account on WordPress.com and then walking you through the dashboard tab-by-tab. The book covers how to log in to WordPress, create and edit posts and pages, customize colors, fonts, the header and footer, the layout, and other design elements, as well as content and images. It helps explore plugins, widgets, and some eye-catching website themes. This book will help you get your website ranked on search engines like Google. Your very first website will be online by the end of this book. Without writing a single line of code, your website will be ready to be seen by millions of people.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Become familiar with the fundamentals of web development.
- Create a WordPress account and configure your first website.
- Explore everything about Posts and Pages and how to create them.
- Learn to design your website with popular themes and how to customize them.
- Bring enhanced functionalities with widgets and plugins.
- Get website visitors by ranking your website on the Google Search Engine.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
This book is for kids of 6th grade and above who wish to learn the art of building beautiful websites. Basic knowledge of computers and the Internet is a prerequisite for this book.
- WordPress and Subway. Understanding WordPress with the Help of Sandwiches
- Getting Started – Create Your Account and Start Exploring
- Setting Up Your Site
- Few Website Terminologies
- Posts, Pages, and Your School Timetable
- Creating your First Post
- Comments, Categories, and Tags
- Creating a Page
- Themes – Your Personal Designer
- Customizing Your Theme
- Menus – The Map of Your Website
- Being Widgety with WordPress
- Going for a Paid Plan – Is It Required?
- Introducing the Plugins
- Rank Your Website. SEO with Plugin
- Adding Animation and Interaction to Your Pages
- Few More Popular Plugins
- Launching Your Website and What to Do Next?
D.S Aman started working with tech startups in the first year of his college and founded two startups in the second and third years. His recent success was HighApe - an experience discovery platform that became a multi-million dollar business. He has also worked as a Consulting CTO for Blockchain and Ed-Tech startups. Now, as the Head of Product and Technology for a new disruptive vertical at Lenskart, he is taking the eyewear market to the 500 million Indians.
LinkedIn Profile: D.S Aman